First Email Home

Day 1

Today I left my family, home and amazing girlfriend to serve the Lord for 2 years.  It's hard, but I know it's exactly where I'm supposed to be.  The first thing that happens is you go in and get an envelope with some stuff, and your name tag.  It was so crazy!   I saw Sister Beifuss in there though and she got to talk to me and give me my tag and stuff.  It was awesome to see a friendly face right away.  

After that we went straight to our residence.  It's nicer than I thought it would be, but it's definitely not my bed at home, haha.  Right away, after that, I went to my class room (you have the same one the whole time you're here for the most part) and met my district and my companion. I was so happy and blessed to find out that Elder Peyton Hansen was in my district! (note from editor: Peyton is in Tyson's stake and high school). We had a little district lesson and kinda just went around and met each other.  My companion is Elder Dallin Tanner.  He is from Kaysville, Utah and went to Davis High, I think. He's a good companion, we get along alright, but sometimes he's a little hard for me because he's very quiet and shy.  

Anyway, after that we went to a meeting with all the new arrivals and the MTC presidency. it was long, but nice to meet them.  While I was there i saw Brother Taylor! (note from editor: Mike Taylor is in Tyson's ward and serves in the MTC full time). I've also seen him a couple times since and love seeing a face i know, he's great.

After that was dinner.  Ii think that the food is hyped way up, hahah!!  It's kinda mediocre. Anyways it was like a huge reunion with all my friends from high school which was very fun.  We had one more class and workshop and then later that night we met our zone, and they seem cool.  The night was the hardest time because there was down time. i said a prayer that i could fall asleep and my mind would be clear and I fell asleep pretty quick. I was getting homesick, but theres a story about that in Day 2.

Day 2

So, today was the first full day.  I woke up at 6:15 a.m. and went to breakfast, then to class.  We learned how to start preparing for our investigators.  It was such a long class! (haha)  After that was lunch, and then a workshop about our purpose.  Then we finished with another class from our regular teachers.  That night we met our branch presidency and they are awesome. President Laney is so smart and Brother Facer works with dad so it feels like I know him a little,  haha.  Anyway,  I've had a little anxiety and so I had Brother Facer give me a blessing.  It was so comforting and helped a lot.  Then President Laney gave me D&C 19:23, Joshua 1:9, Jacob 2:8, and James 5:16 to read. it was amazing how much it helped. 

Day 3

Today is P-day (editors note: stands for preparation day) and Friday.  We only had one class in the morning and then got to write letters, emails and do laundry, which I don't need to do yet.  I'll for sure have more to write about next week.

This week has been hard, but I already feel the blessings. I know this is where I am supposed to be and that the Lord needs me in Virginia.  I already feel my testimony growing.  I love you all and I'll talk to you next week